Starting school in September 2021?
Starting School in Reception
Parents will be able to apply online from 4 November 2019, and the closing date is 3pm on 15 January 2020
As a school we are in charge of our Nursery admissions so if you are interested in your child attending our Nursery provision for 2-4 Year olds please contact the school office directly. (email@example.com or 01296 738132)
Our Nursery has capacity for 24 children in the morning session and 24 children in the afternoon session.
Admissions into Reception to Year 6
As a school maintained by the local authority, Steeple Claydon School adheres to Buckinghamshire County Council admission arrangements.
Once Buckinghamshire County Council has notified parents that a place at our school has been allocated, you will be contacted by the school office to arrange a visit to the school for you and your child. Once a place has been accepted you will need to complete an application pack which provides us with important information about your child, we will also need to see the child’s birth certificate and a utility bill as proof of address.
Our admission numbers are 30 in each year group.
Admission Criteria (taken from the Bucks policy linked above)
Places are allocated according to the following criteria, in order of priority after children with EHCPs:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children
- Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted
- Children who have exceptional medical or social needs, which can only be met at that school, supported by written evidence from an appropriate professional person.
- Children of staff where either: i.The member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or ii.The member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children living within the catchment area of the school.
- For the main point of entry: Siblings of children who are attending the school in Year R – Year 5 at the time allocations are made, and are expected to be on the school roll at the time of the proposed admission, or who have already been offered a place to start in the current academic year at the school. For immediate in year admission after the normal point of entry: Siblings of children who are in Year R to Year 6 at the time of admission to the school.
- Once the above rules have been applied then any further places will be offered in distance order; using the distance between the family’s Normal Home Address and the school’s nearest open entrance gate offering the closest first. We use a straight line distance.
- Where we can take some, but not all, of the children who qualify under one of these rules, we will give priority to children by taking account of the next rule (or rules) in the numbered list to decide who has priority for places.
- If it still not possible to decide between two applicants who are equidistant then an independently scrutinised random allocation will be made to allocate the final place. An explanation of the method of making random allocations is on the council website at: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/1740/random-allocation-procedure.pdf